Wednesday 23 April 2008

Update from Duke

I got word this afternoon from Duke what we suspected. All my tests came back fine and I am a candidate for transplant but the doctors at this time feel I am too healthy. They have contacted my pulmonologist here at Charleston and will be coordinating updates as I progress. They also have scheduled me to come back Oct 20th to Duke for a followup and check on my condition.

It is really a praise to God from my standpoint. My medication has stabilized my condition and I have not lost any lung function since last November. I also have great blood-O2 concentration at 96 percent which means my heart is doing a good job at pumping blood through my system.

It could be quite some time before a transplant is neccesary. My next steps are to enroll in a pulmonary rehab program and maximize my lung capacity and endurance as much as possible.

Thanks to all who continue to pray for me. I feel confident that God has me in the palm of His hand.

-Todd

No comments: