Wednesday 16 April 2008

Day three at Duke

Well I am sitting here with a tube down my nose for the next day. Not a pleasant experience. If you haave the opportunity I would suggest avoiding it. They are measuring the pH level in my stomach and asophagus to see if I will have problems with stomach acid. Evidently it can be a real issue for those with lung transplants and cause complications. Initially anyway I am a good swallower so I should not have an issue.

I had a Barium swallow test earlier today that went OK. It is pretty nasty stuff and leaves a very gritty taste. That was normal the docs said so my diaphram is working well.

My prayer is I don't suddenly have the urge to yank this thing out. Check in later. -Todd

1 comment:

Emily G. said...

Todd,
Thanks for the updates. I am praying for you, Dawn, and your family. With Monday's, I cried. Today's, you made me laugh. :) I hope you don't yank that tube out. Ouch!! I found that if I kept quoting scripture to myself while going through the tough times, it kept my focus on my true hope - Christ Jesus. I am asking and believing in a healing miracle for you. Eph. 3:14-21