Thursday 17 April 2008

Four days down at Duke

Well I survived the nose tube. It actually was not horrible after a few hours. Does affect your sleeping though.

Dawn and I met with the Duke Center for Living this morning. Duke is very much interested in keeping you as healthy as possible and wants me to go through Pulmonary Rehab to learn how to stay as healthy as possible. I did a six minute walk and my O2 levels stayed up in the 94 percent range which is good. They may want me to get O2 so I can even stress myself more without dipping into the 80's. It appears from most folks I have spoke to that this may be a while before I have a transplant probably measured in years rather than months.

Also met with a financial councelor today. Looks like their projections for the evaluation this week is 55K, Transplant to be 385K and after care to be another 350K in cost. Insurance picks up most but looks like we will still be responsible for the living expenses while here at Duke for 8 weeks estimated at 10K.

Have my heart catheritization Friday and will be heading back to Charleston after that.

God has been good at providing for us and it will be interesting to see how He continues to use this condition of mine to reach others.

-Todd and Dawn

No comments: